Friday, March 21, 2008

Quilt Top

I've been less than diligent in blogging, so since I'm on vacation this week and next, I'll try and catch up with at least the interesting stuff, starting with my budding quilting skills.
I have completed the top of my first quilt! I saw this pattern on an OPB quilting show and Kathleen drew out the pattern I described, including altering it a bit for ease of quilting (if you look closely, the yellow segments are really three pieces, making it a much easier quilt with the same visual effect). I put the block wheels (I'm sure there's another name for that in "quilters-ese" but I don't know it yet) on the corners of the borders for fun. This was a really fun activity to familiarize myself with my new machine and enjoy the applied arts of geometry (I always liked geometry). Now for the daunting task of quilting it. We have all the materials and I've purchased a few books on the topic, so I'll let you all know how it goes...

The Quilt Top, measuring 73" X 73", Hamlet wanted to show some perspective

The Corner, a bit of whimsy on my part

No comments: