Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Weekend of indulgence

So on Saturday, James took me to:


Oh yeah!  We went to a fabulous lecture by a rep from E. Guittard about single origin chocolate, and of course they had samples!!  The rep talked about how the environment and growing conditions affected the end-taste of the chocolate.  Since they mostly process chocolate for high-end pastry chefs and such, they don't add flavors like the types of chocolate bars you see in the grocery store.  It was amazing to taste the subtle (and sometimes not-so-subtle) differences in chocolate, simply from where it's grown.  By the end of the day, James said he was sick of chocolate.  I wouldn't say I was sick of it, but definitely satiated for a few days!

Then, on Sunday:
Superbowl XLIII!  Steelers vs. Cardinals.  I won't go into a play-by-play, but there were a few awesome plays that even got me into the game.  Of course, having some friends over to share pulled pork sliders, mini-cupcakes, Cheetos, Doritos, and a football field of Rice Krispy square rounded out my weekend of indulgence quite nicely.

No comments: