Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Little White Lie

So our next-door neighbors and long-time friends have started this photography business. They took some family pics of James's family over Thanksgiving (and I have yet to post pics of that), and managed to make it look like almost everyone was having a good time. A few weeks ago, they asked James and myself if we would mind modeling some wedding shots to add to their portfolio before Wedding Season is upon us. Since I still fit into my dress, and James his suit, we were game.

It was bitter cold on New Year's Day, but clear, and our friends bought us hot drinks from Starbucks to sip between shots. They promised us copies of the shoot, so I'll finally get to have those pictures of James and me at the reflecting pool outside the Portland Temple, as it was raining on our wedding day and our photographer was an amateur friend-of-a-friend, working on a budget. True, my hair is shorter and styled differently, and James's hair is longer and he has a beard, but it will just serve to weird our kids out in the years to come. At least I got to wear my wedding dress more than once, even if I wasn't a "blushing bride" the second time around. I gotta admit, we're SUCH a cute couple!













Credit where credit is due: http://reversedlensphotography.com/

After the shoot, we got home to see that Little Boy New Year had come to our house. This is apparently a Ritzman tradition, in which Little Boy New Year comes in the night between the years and leaves small gifts for the family. His speciality is filling in the gaps that Santa apparently overlooked, but in the event that Santa was especially thoughtful in any given year, LBNY brings a "bonus" gift. This can either compliment Santa's gift or help you with any resolutions you've made for the coming year, like the calendar I got to track how often I go to the gym. My other resolution was to quit teasing James about having babies until I was serious about it and out of school, so Little Boy New Year must have had a mischevious moment to get me a Baby calendar. That little rascal...

1 comment:

Heather Whitley said...

Kristina! I love them! They are totally amazing. That is one white lie (and it is pretty white since, in your kidless state, you're still newlyweds) that I would pull if I could.
Very jealous. Can't even tell you my favorite because I love them all (but I am particularly charmed by the waist down shot).